An independent assessment of the NC New Teacher Support Program finds that the program has demonstrated strong impact on teachers served.
- 90% of teachers served by the NC NTSP returned to teaching in North Carolina, compared to 85% not served.
- 82.6% of teachers served by the NC NTSP returned to teaching in their district, compared to 74.7% not served.
- 80.3% of teachers served by the NC NTSP felt their Instructional Coach helped them with the confidence, knowledge, and skills in teaching, compared to district/school support (66.8%).
- Teachers served by the NC NTSP scored higher in Classroom Environment & Content Knowledge on the NC Educator Evaluation System, compared to teachers not served by the NC NTSP.
- Lateral entry teachers served by the NC NTSP are significantly more likely to return to teach in their school, LEA, and state than a matched sample of teachers not support by NC NTSP
- Teachers served by the NC NTSP in their 2nd and 3rd year significantly outperformed teachers not supported by the NC NTSP in student achievement in elementary, middle, and high school (EVAAS)